Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Do you think I have a binge eating disorder? - October 18th 2013, 07:23 PM

Hey there,

Sorry about the late reply, I didn't have time earlier in the week to respond.

Here on TeenHelp, we're not medical professionals, so we cannot diagnose you with any eating disorder. However, your eating habits do not sound healthy, and it sounds like you need help regardless if you fit any "eating disorder criteria." Very often, the diagnosis of an eating disorder happens much later than when the problems actually began, so it's important to get help before it becomes a problem. I'd recommend seeking help from a counselor or doctor, as they can give you any diagnosis, along with offer you emotional and medical support.

If necessary, they can also help you get to a healthy weight (whatever that is for you, which a doctor can decide) in a positive, healthy way. In our culture, we're often told that "all weight loss is good weight loss" and this is NOT true. Losing weight in an unhealthy way is worse than staying overweight. Also, being "overweight" is not always unhealthy; some people are naturally above average in weight without being unhealthy, and that's okay! Your doctor can help you find out what weight is healthiest for you and you all can go from there.

Good luck! <3

something burning?
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.