View Single Post
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
mindflower Offline
what the hell is a FixYou♥
I've been here a while

Name: taylor

Points: 32,370, Level: 25 Points: 32,370, Level: 25 Points: 32,370, Level: 25

Re: How much does your parents' opinion matter? - October 31st 2013, 02:17 AM

My answer was only a little, and I guess coming from my dating background, here's why:

One thing is that my parents always find out after I've fallen for the person, and maybe dated them for a while, or at least gone out with them once or twice. They usually find out after the matter, like, a couple MONTHS after, and by that time, I've either stopped talking to the guy, or we're in a very good relationship, or we've broken up, or... well you get the idea Anyways, I tend to want to try things for myself, regardless of age or family names or what they do that might be a bad influence on me.

My parents always tend to find out that I have a crush on a guy, they've always been good at finding that out, which right about now they know I like three guys, which is true. They, however, don't know the extent, for the most part. However, they warn me about the guy, for example, one of the guys has a huge, huge adoration for my best friend, and he's used me in the past. Or when my parents found out I've dated a guy two years older than me, and now trying to swallow that I like another guy even older than that, who has a family name associated with drugs, well, they're always right, you know?

But that doesn't overrule the fact that I still like them, and if I'm going to get hurt, then I'm gonna get hurt, I'll have learned it for myself, and maybe I'll get stronger the more I'm hurt. I don't like them for their age, or their addictions, or their on/off feelings, I like them for them, and really, my parents always find a way to at least accept the guy, and give him a chance.