View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

School and anxiety - November 3rd 2013, 03:51 PM

I have begun to experience intense anxiety around all the work I am dealing with. This last week I've been shoving it aside and not doing it cause I knew if I did I'd feel how I feel right now. I have no one to talk to here when I am upset or having some kind of anxiety problem. It makes me want to get anxiety medications just because I have no other way out sometimes.

I get so stressed at times it becomes hard for me to focus. I've already quit one of my volunteer positions because I realized how it was starting to go.

It's just the 1 class I have to deal with and then I think I will feel a lot better. But I don;t know what to do because I HATE it! The class is horrible and it's one of those really "whiney gripey" kind of courses. I am interested in the issues buuuut.... The way the prof approaches it bothers me and it's making it hard for me to do my work properly cause I feel like I have to write it the way SHE wants it done, my topic could be amazing but she'll rip me a new one if I don't do it to her exacting specifications, it's almost like she expects specific answers vs. allowing us to demonstrate what the evidence says from our own view. This might be horibly infair and maybe it is not that bad but it's how I feel and my anxiety is killing me.

My anxiety has been so much more manageable. It USED to get so bad that I'd think about hurting myself, so in comparison I'm doing ok.... But having my anxiety sky rocket feels pretty horrible.... And I keep thinking about medications which isn't appealing. The only reason I'd think of it is because I have no one to talk to when I need it. If I had some supportive friend I'd be better

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions