View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
SorchaG44 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sorcha Glynnmartin

Confusion about my faith - November 5th 2013, 12:26 AM

I'm 19 years old and have been going to a Christian girls youth group for 7 years now yet even though bible studies was always a big part I never really cared about it until recently. I feel as though I have just gone along with how things go all my life when it comes to religion it not that I didn't care it just that it all did t matter to me much. It was just tradition something you had to do. But recently I have noticed how many people especially in the youth group I do are so strongly connected to god even people my age and younger seem to be more connected. They talk about god guiding them and helping them so strongly and I really admire this. Yet I am struggling to connect on any level. I pray but if feel like it never seems to make any difference to me. LNG brain keeps questioning everything and can't seem to just believe. I feel this May have something to do with the fact that I am a very logically, realistic person. Deep down I feel that I would love to have this connection and belief but I really don't know how as I know god can't actually talk back to me and I can't seem to find any other way that god would communicate. It really feels like people are only pretending when they say things like god helps me and guides me and tell me what to do. Please help I'm so confused!!

Last edited by Lizzie; November 5th 2013 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Removed prefix