View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
CrusadingAvenger Offline
An Inspiration For The Broken
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mark

Points: 17,323, Level: 19 Points: 17,323, Level: 19 Points: 17,323, Level: 19

Re: I hate my school - November 9th 2013, 05:58 AM

I agree with Katie and Jack. This pretty much sounds like people are wanting to put you down and see how far you will go down in terms of how you react to the things that they say. One thing to keep in mind for future situations (if anything like this happens again): if negative rumors are spreading around about you, DON'T respond back to it in any way, whether it'd be to deny the rumors, or simply to defend yourself by saying something back. Anything you say will only fuel the flames more and give people all the more reason to wanting to talk smack about you more. Since apparently it sounds like these rumors about you aren't stopping, talk to a school counselor, a social worker at school or in your community, or someone that you trust like a close friend or a teacher that you get along with. It's not good to keep something like this locked up inside without telling anyone because if you don't tell someone about this, it's likely that you'll be prone to destructive behavior.

Don't give in to these people, especially with anger. Fighting fire with fire is not the solution to this situation. You're only going to be creating more tension upon yourself, and other people in your school will even be more encouraged to be critical about you. That will just make things not only a lot harder, but a lot worser too. Don't let your anger get the best of you. Believe me, I understand how hard it is to have to back down when you know the situation only gets worser, but striking back at those people in the way that they've been striking at you is not the answer to end all of this. There are better ways to handle a situation like this.

Master your emotions before it masters you. When you're emotionally charged, whether it'd be negative or positive, don't make decisions based on how you feel emotionally. You have to be smart, assess and analyze the situation, and find your way out of it. There's always a way out. Always, but not through lashing back at the people that are verbally abusing you even though what they're doing is wrong.

It is my hope that my advice has made somewhat sense to you, and I hope for your sake that you will make the right decision. I know that you are very capable of doing so. Well, I wish you all the best, and may your situation get resolved and turn out for the better.

“The main thing is realizing that even if you feel terrible for a while, that’s not how you’re going to feel the whole time. . . . Things change if you just keep moving.” - Gary Vaynerchuk