(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23

My boyfriend's family! - November 13th 2013, 05:44 PM

Hey there,

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 and a half years. I feel so terrible for saying this but I find his family over-bearing.
We never get any time alone, my parents respect our privacy so if we're going out to do something they don't tag along constantly.

I'll give you some background to help you understand things better. My boyfriend's step-dad passed away about 3 years ago, his mum is not from the area and moved to London to be with my boyfriend's step-dad, so she doesn't really have many friends round here.
His sister really looks up to him and wants to be around him CONSTANLY. While most of the time I don't mind it if we're going out we can't do anything alone and sometimes I feel like he allows it to happen. His mum is constantly manipulating things, if my boyfriend says he'll be home at a particular time and he's at mine, if he's even the slightest bit late then she goes into one, I wouldn't mind but he's 25 years old, he's a grown up. When she's having a go at him, I always feel as though it's my fault when there's nothing to be sorry for. We're both adults and while I appreciate we both still live under our parent's roofs there should be some mutual level of respect. My mum and dad have learnt to deal with things a long time ago, but his mum seems to get more childish by the day, she is making life more difficult and I don't understand why.

I'm just fed up of it all. We're both adults and it's time to be treated like it.
Please someone help, I'm starting to lose it, I can feel myself flipping out sooner or later.
Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words