Thread: Triggering (SH): Cutting is out of Control!
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,473, Level: 59 Points: 172,473, Level: 59 Points: 172,473, Level: 59

Re: Cutting is out of Control! - December 5th 2013, 07:09 PM

Hi there,

I really think that you should speak to your mother about this. I know that you are afraid of your family being disappointed, but think of it this way. Would you rather have them a bit worried now, or have them face the emotions if you do attempt to overdose or if you seriously injure yourself? It really is worth it to get help. Your mom can try and support you. She loves and cares about you and only wants the best, so I bet she'd rather know about it now than before it gets even worse.

It may also be a good idea to go to the hospital because they can treat you properly and keep you safe. So, please do seek help. I know it's scary, but it can really benefit you and you shouldn't deal with it all on your own. There are people who are so willing to help, but you do have to reach out.

Also, try and find ways to express your emotions, such as writing, art, or music. Exercise is also a good way to release stress. With using methods like these, you would be getting all of your pent up emotions out of the way safely. You can also use one of these alternatives for even more ways to cope and stop from self harming.

I know that you may not think so right now, but this bad won't last forever. I can tell you are trying really hard and it's a really good thing you're even considering getting help because that shows there is part of you that wants to keep carrying on. All of your effort will be so worth it someday. You have things to do and places to go, people to meet and goals to complete. Don't give that all up now. Need even more reasons to live? Go here.

I know you can do this!

-Dez

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive