View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Adalia Rose Offline
Average Joe

Name: Adalia Rose

Re: I get bored with exercises easily - December 5th 2013, 10:23 PM

Well first off, it is really great that you've decided to make this lifestyle change. Congratulations

Second, even the busiest people can find time if they want to. I used to use the same reasoning for why I didn't exercise as often as I should. You can start out with small exercise sessions that are 10 to 15 minutes long and work your way up. Exercise can be scheduled in like all of the other events we all do daily, or it can be hidden throughout the day. For example, you can take the longer way of walking to class, stop at your locker less so that you have to carry more books, or you can even do silly exercises right in the middle of class that no one will even notice. Bouncing your leg in class works the muscles in your leg. You can even bounce when your standing. I like to bounce when I'm on the phone. You can also sit in your seat and raise one leg off the ground for 30 seconds and put it back down and keep repeating on each leg. That tones your legs. There's more silly little exercises that you can find too.

Now to address the issue of exercising being boring. I can definitely sympathize with this one. My number one solution for this is to find a workout buddy. When I workout with friends we laugh and have a lot of fun; the time just seems to fly by. Another solution is to make it more interesting by making bets with yourself. Try telling yourself that if you do 30 minutes of exercise that you can have cake for desert and if you do not you have to have broccoli or something you find less appetizing than cake.

Since you like to dance, I highly suggest trying Zumba. It is a dance cardio workout. There are games made for the Wii for it. I have one and I love it. You can also take Zumba classes, but I prefer doing Zumba at home in private. There are tons of dance workouts out there if you look hard enough. I found that I like yoga, kickboxing, and Pilates. I am also another person who hates the same routine of exercise. My last suggestion is to go for runs and every time you go to take a different route.

I hope this helps you

- Adalia

"Ghosts don't scare me. Flesh and blood people do." ~ Ellen Hopkins