View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Cupcake_Mustache Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,817, Level: 12 Points: 6,817, Level: 12 Points: 6,817, Level: 12

I'm this religion but... - December 6th 2013, 04:51 PM

I'm trying to find religion.
When I was little I went to church. Different ones. All different types of Christianity. None of them felt right. So I decided just not to believe. But I couldn't do that either. I do believe.
Just not 100% what the bible says.
Something about Christianity rubs me the wrong way. I don't think being catholic is for me either. I experimented with Buddhism and Hindu and even Taoism.
I think I have finally found the religion that fits the best for me but I don't agree with it 100% and there are some things I don't follow or do.
So my question is... Can you be a religion that you don't 100% agree with or 100% follow??
I think my religion is Islam. I feel the most comfortable with it. But there are some things that are hard for me to do or I wont do. I have 2 dogs and in Islam, dog hair is considered unclean and you cannot pray with hair on you. Also, I am married to a Catholic and he is supposed to convert- he is not going to. I don't wear a hijab and I have never been to a mosque. I don't always pray 6 times a day and when I do I don't face mecca. I haven't ever did Ramadan. --- I suck at this religion. But what the quarn says makes the most sense to me.
So can you be a religion if you don't follow it to the T?