View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59

Re: I self harm and I was wondering if anyone could tell me any good excuses for self harm marks - December 10th 2013, 06:46 PM

Hi there,

I know that a lot of people blame it on the cat or getting cut by some brambles, a bush, true, or a fence outside. If they're still a little bit red, sometimes I'll say that I had an itch there and scratched a bit too hard, or depending on the location I may say that I got scratched on the corner of something, or someone grabbed my arm (to get my attention) and their nails were sharp. Or, you can say you fell.

Of course, there are the funny excuses as well, like "I had sex with a porcupine"

You can also say you don't remember (a lot of the time I wake up with bruises or even small cuts and don't remember). Or you can say you don't know, or would prefer not to answer.

For scars, you can use something like cocoa butter, vitamin E, or bio oil to reduce their appearance.

Of course, the best thing to do would be to stop self harming because then you wouldn't have to worry about hiding anything. There are only so many excuses and so many times you can use them before it will end up getting at least a little bit suspicious. This is a link of alternatives to self harm you can use. I also suggest talking to people and getting support.

Hope this helped!

-Dez

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive