(#21 (permalink)) Old
MindBodySpirit Offline
Average Joe

Name: Not Michael

Points: 10,514, Level: 14 Points: 10,514, Level: 14 Points: 10,514, Level: 14

Re: Why should being LGBT a sin? - December 27th 2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedByMercy View Post
Forgive me if this has changed, but you consider yourself a Christian, right? These viewpoints don't support that claim at all.
I don't know who this was addressed at, but I'm not. Also, that's a "no true Scotsman" fallacy.

Quote:

Being a Christian isn't about just believing in God, it's actually about giving your life to Him. Being LGBT is most definitely a sin, and God does not like sin.
I'm sure there are hundreds of things that you do that are considered sinful. I don't see why you'd persecute one group of people for their "sins", but ignore others. It seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Quote:

I find it interesting how many people think that being LGBT or whatever is not a choice,
If it's a choice, why don't you go ahead and change your sexuality for a day to show us how it's done. Become attracted exclusively to females for a day.

I mean it. Become GENUINELY attracted ONLY to females. Remember, if you just SAY that you're attracted to females, but you really aren't, then you're telling a lie, which is sinful.

Quote:

sure, some people are more susceptible to it, but at the end of the day it all comes down to free will, and whether or not you act on your sinful thoughts.
You know, here's the problem that I have. Some people claim, "It's okay for you to have homosexual thoughts, as long as you don't do anything that's gay." Regardless of the content of your religious book, that is a bigoted thing to say.

I mean, would you honestly rather have people suppress their homosexual thoughts for the rest of their life? No amount of hoping or praying will make those thoughts go away, and when homosexuality is persecuted so much, it can make people feel pretty depressed and shameful when they're told that they're sinful simply for being themselves. It can make them fear for their life and have nightmares because they're scared of the thought of 'going to hell', because they can't change who they are.

Quote:

Long story short, it is a sin. No doubt about it.
If somebody chooses to be in a homosexual relationship, it's not harmful to anybody. Can you at least admit that, MovedByMercy?

Last edited by MindBodySpirit; December 27th 2013 at 12:28 PM. Reason: formatting
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.