Thread: Triggering (SH): How to cover up fresh cuts?
View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Laurasaurus Offline
Learning to Fly
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Laura

Points: 12,022, Level: 15 Points: 12,022, Level: 15 Points: 12,022, Level: 15

Re: How to cover up fresh cuts? - January 11th 2014, 12:45 PM

I'm so sorry that you had to go through this in the first place.
Cleaning the cuts, covering them with a bandaid, and also using a disinfectant (like Neosporin) can definitely help cuts heal faster. Since the cuts are on your shoulders (I used to do it there, too) you can always cover them with long or short sleeved shirts. I always used to have problems after a shower when I was wrapped in a towel. From my experience, it helps to get in the habit of pulling one over your shoulders (if that's even an issue).
When you feel like cutting, you can always try our alternatives. It's the best way to prevent situations like this in the future. You can also try HelpLINK or Live Help (when it's online) when you're feeling triggered.
I know that it can be really scary to tell your parents, especially if they think that you've stopped, but it's something that you should consider. I'm sure the wrist checks are really uncomfortable, as well. If they are, it might help to sit them down and talk to them about it.

1/7/12 - Live Help Operator | 1/25/14 - HelpLINK Mentor | 6/8/14 - Depression and Suicide Forum Moderator | 6/8/14 - Addictive Behaviors Forum Moderator | 1/11/14 - Videos Team Member | 4/11/15 - Senior Live Help Operator

“I will be generous with my love today. I will sprinkle compliments and uplifting words everywhere I go. I will do this knowing that my words are like seeds and when they fall on fertile soil, a reflection of those seeds will grow into something greater.”

PM / VM