View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
heavenlyblissx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,040, Level: 13 Points: 9,040, Level: 13 Points: 9,040, Level: 13

1st Xmas present from boyfriend- should I be upset? - January 12th 2014, 01:58 PM

Hey guys!

Some background info: I'm 19 and my bf's 23. He's graduated and now has a proper job which involves him travelling a lot. We've been together for about a month now.

Basically me and my boyfriend have been going out for a month now and just had our first christmas together I still haven't got my christmas present from him yet but will do when I see him. He told me that he was going to give me his shirt for christmas cause he told me he saw a girl wearing her bf's shirt to bed on TV and he thought it was cute. Since he travels a lot for work, he also said that I could wear it to bed so it'll be like him sleeping next to me when he's away which I thought was really sweet

So I was quite happy with his gift until my friend called me to tell me what she got from her bf when she saw him- he got her a Swarovski bracelet. I tried not to compare cause each guy is different but I couldn't help but feel a little bit jealous Especially when I know her bf is our age and is still studying, he's on a student loan too, and my bf is working and he recently got paid. We've also been together longer than my friend and her bf and her bf still got her a really nice present. I've also asked my cousin (whose about the same age as my bf) what he got for his girlfriend for their first Xmas and he said a Swarovski necklace (what a coincidence )....My friend told me she tried to help by giving my bf advice for gifts for me. When she suggested jewellery to him, he said it was too early in the relationship to give me jewellery.

I wanted him to make it special so I jokingly asked him if he was going to put it in a wee box for me but then he replied he was planning to just put it in a tesco's bag -_-

I don't want to sound ungrateful cause I genuinely do appreciate his shirt and the thought behind it but is it bad of me for expecting a bit more from him? I mean, what do you guys think about giving a girl an old shirt for her first Xmas present? I know it's materialistic and stupid but it's starting to upset me a little - I know im a good girlfriend cause I do so much more for my bf than my other friends with boyfriends do so I feel like I deserve a little more :/?

Thanks and appreciate any advice