View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Its.Just.Angie Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Angie

Points: 10,038, Level: 14 Points: 10,038, Level: 14 Points: 10,038, Level: 14

Re: Question about anxiety medication - January 18th 2014, 04:25 AM

I take medication for it. Again, it depends on what it is used for (panic attack, or other disorder) I take it daily and it takes awhile to get its full affect. (2 weeks to a month) sometimes the first one doesn't get the results. So the chances are she will be switching until she gets the right one that works for her.

There is a slight chance of getting worse. But it can happen. Sometimes mine anyway you get really tired and hungry! Sometimes it gets harder to concentrate on things ( speaking from experience) but everyone is different on them. So I can't say for sure.

If it doesn't work first month they usually up the dose until it reaches it's max or if it makes it worse you will eventually switch something. Sometimes if he/she doesn't get it for a couple of times. They might refer her to someone who specializes in that area (psychiatrist or someone)

One last thing it isn't a "happy pill" and it doesn't make you super chill. It basically takes the edge or worse of the anxiety away. It basically the medication use to balance the chemicals in your body to react better in different situations. It helps alittle in my opinion, but that's just me.

Everyone is different so I'm just speaking from expreinces and what I heard from it!