View Single Post
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: No harm contract? - January 28th 2014, 12:29 AM

Hey there,

Do you think you could try talking to your counselor and explain to her that you broke the contract and explain that you don't find this course of action beneficial? And, from there maybe you two could work on some other course of action to try and stop your self harm. I liked the idea of setting up goals for you to try and reach. Such as going a week and then setting another goal and so forth. You need to be the one who wants to stop self harming and a no harm contract isn't going to do it unless you want it. I think, in the future, it would be a good idea if you tried calling some of the people you jotted down on the contract though. Is there a reason you didn't feel like you could call them? I know sometimes when I am having urges I will feel like I can't reach out but I will have to force myself to do it. It can be really hard to do but once you reach out and talk about it it can feel really good. So, remember that there are always other options besides self harm sometimes you just have to take a step back and assess things.

If you ever want to talk please feel free to message me.