View Single Post
  (#7035 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,969, Level: 26 Points: 33,969, Level: 26 Points: 33,969, Level: 26

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - January 30th 2014, 05:11 AM

--Thank God I see you first thing Monday because we need to do damage control

--If I hadn't gotten full points the last 3 times I did it or already failed this class once by less than 5 points I really wouldn't care. The problem is that I DID so yeah, I'm pissed. I'm letting myself calm down before I deal with you, if I even bother. It's technically .15% or less than 1 point so I'm not sure it's worth it. If that's you "not grading hard" then I'm screwed though, and it might be worth it to explain THAT to you.

--See, this is why you are awesome E, I'm either invisible or in trouble. The only time most authority figures (and that's what you are as an instructor/doc student), see me it's either because I screwed something up and they have to come over and yell at me for it, I do something minor and they have to make me feel like crap about myself because of it, if not broadcast it to the world, or I've gotten myself into some kind of royal mess and I have to recruit them to help get me out of it. You have done NONE of those things to me.

Case and point, I've been mumbling responses and right answers from the front row of classes for YEARS. You are one of two people who've noticed.

You barely knew me, recognized me from helping teach one class session, came over and SHOOK MY HAND in a hallway the next week. Then, said hi and talked to me in the first two weeks of your own class more than a year later without me doing ANYTHING to prompt it! You'll have to excuse my slow responses to you. I'm still shocked that someone knows I exist and that acknowledgement from them doesn't equal pain.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte