(#2 (permalink)) Old
~Divergent~ Offline
Struggling again.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Hailey

Points: 16,271, Level: 18 Points: 16,271, Level: 18 Points: 16,271, Level: 18

Re: Anxiety Attack. - February 2nd 2014, 05:08 AM

Hey there!

I'm sorry you had to experience that. I haven't had an anxiety attack personally, but I've heard that they can be very scary.

Have you talked to your parents or a doctor yet? A doctor or mental health professional can help you find the causes of your anxiety and may be able to prescribe medication and/or some other form of treatment. If you haven't told anyone about this yet, I recommend that you do so you can get help!

If you have an anxiety attack again, it might help to leave the room, sit somewhere quiet, take a drink of water, etc. You might want to think about telling your teachers about this so you can leave the room if you need to without any questions asked. If it would help to have a friend with you during an attack, maybe you could talk to someone you trust in each of your classes about this. You could request that they come sit by you or follow you outside if they see you having an anxiety attack.

I hope this helps. And don't worry, an anxiety attack is nothing you need to be embarrassed about. They're no fun, but you can't control them and it's not like you asked for it! Good luck with this, and I hope you don't have to deal with any more anxiety attacks in the future.

~Hailey

Member since 9/27/12
Buddy since 9/14/13