Thread: Anxiety Attack.
View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Anxiety Attack. - February 3rd 2014, 02:42 AM

Hey there!

Don't feel bad about having to leave school, I had really bad anxiety and was sick a few times and ended up leaving several times. I'm sorry that they make you feel embarrassed, they're a pain to deal with. However, you can definitely deal with them.

As for finding out what causes them, can you feel an anxiety attack before you get one? Try to write down or log what you're feeling during one if you can. After you've logged some, you can pinpoint what's bothering you. Also breathing is one of the best things you can focus on. I've found if you take really deep breaths, that helps. Especially if you can count them. Another thing you can do is download nature sounds on your iPod. Anything that keeps you busy should help in the slightest bit. If you have a paper bag, breathing into it helps as it does something with the air. And a stress ball is helpful, as well!

Lastly, some schools have what is called a Flash Pass. It enables you to leave class and see the nurse or counselor if you need to. From experience, a teacher cannot refuse you when you present this pass to them. If you haven't already, consider talking to someone who may be able to help.

Best of luck!

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers