sphynx Offline
A Work In Progress
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Claire

Points: 12,612, Level: 16 Points: 12,612, Level: 16 Points: 12,612, Level: 16

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - April 10th 2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovyDoodle View Post

Guys: Say you're dating a girl you're in love with and you tell her she's beautiful, but she's actually unattractive (in her opinion anyways). Are you doing this because you feel the need to raise her self-esteem? Or do you really think she's attractive? Or is this a white lie to save your ass?
I'll answer as a woman but from a male friend's perspective... and then I'll answer as a woman from my perspective about a man who's insecure in the same way.

If he says you're beautiful, he means you're beautiful. If he's in love with you, he's in love with you, inside and out, and there really shouldn't be any doubt about it. He's not telling you to raise your self-esteem and he's not telling you to "save his ass."

Being said, I pretty much agree with him. A lot of people are insecure about their appearance, and a lot of people worry about whether or not others, especially their significant others, find them attractive, but have you ever been on the other end of things? I have a friend who I happen to find quite handsome, but he is incredibly insecure and generally dismisses my compliments. Most of the time, he doesn't take them for being true or he claims they're from a biased perspective. What he doesn't see is that I wouldn't say it if I didn't think it, especially since he's not even prompting my remarks.

My point is, just because you can't see it, it doesn't mean he can't, either.

xo Claire

Clean since 01.08.09