View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
I can't get enough

Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29

How do I confess to my anti-drugs boyfriend....?? - February 22nd 2014, 04:24 AM

Last summer my boyfriend (of 3.5 years) and I nearly broke up over the fact that I told him I wanted to try E. I'm not exactly experienced with drugs, apart from the odd social joint here and there, and part of this is because I've been with him for the last few years and he's very against drugs - he doesn't even like the ide of me smoking weed.

Anyway tonight I was out with friends and ended up having half an E. Grand. I've been wanting to do so for a long time. I'm 23 and am happy enough making my own decisions. I liked it, it won't be the last time and I like the idea of trying out other things too in good time. At 23 and not a particularly anti-drugs person, I feel a bit behind the times to be honest.

But how do I tell him this?? I would have tried lots of different things by now if I wasn't with him I know. I know I shouldn't let our relationship affect my personal decisions blablabla, but at the same time we're best friends, I fully respect his opinions and we both work to keep each other happy and our relationship good. He reacted so badly last time to hearing even that I was planning to try it and he's so against that kind of thing.

Anyone been in a similar situation...??

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.