View Single Post
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: Is this self harm? - February 24th 2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleidoscope View Post
Hi there.

Therefore, I don't know what is going through your mind when you do this. Are you doing it to hurt yourself? Do you use this to cope? Or do you just forget about it and leave the hair ties there? .
I put the hair tie on my wrist knowing what it would do and not caring and when it started to hurt that day I didn't take it off I left it on for a day. So i basically just did it for the hell of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
Personally I believe that if you are inflicting pain upon yourself intentionally for any reason it's considered self harm. What you're doing might not be resulting in serious injury but you're still doing it with the intent to harm yourself.
Like I said above I don't know if I did it in the intent of harming myself even though I knew it would I just did it for the hell of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terabithia. View Post
There always seems to be a little bit of a "gray area" when it comes to things such as rubber bands or hair ties. A lot of people use rubber bands or hair ties as a sort of alternative, though what I've heard most of all is them snapping the rubber band or hair tie, rather than leaving a small one on the wrist. The "gray area" in the case I mentioned is that these objects CAN be used as an alternative, but if it gets to the point where it's leaving marks for a while and making you sore for a while, then it actually turns into a negative thing.

I used to snap rubber bands on my wrist but I did it so hard that it would bruise and leave marks and it cut my skin at times. I don't know why I leave the hair tie on my wrist but I just do it...

But I guess all of this make sense and I can see where it's considered self-harm. I probably did it because I am not cutting.