View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
CrystalJade Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 14,857, Level: 17 Points: 14,857, Level: 17 Points: 14,857, Level: 17

Moving most likely and unsure about school. - February 26th 2014, 05:35 AM

I currently am a resident (born and raised) in KS. It appears my boyfriend and I will be moving to CO in a few months though. Here's my issue...

Can I do online classes from a KS college for a year until I get my residency then go to a CO college so I can avoid paying out of state tuition? Or am I just going to have to take another year off and do it that way? If I drop below full time status for 6 months then I have to start paying back my loans though and I don't feel I can at this point and I don't really want to take another year off. Out of state tuition is crazy though...

Another issue I'm struggling with is I don't want to leave my family. I'm excited about the possibilities in CO but it kills me to leave my dad and neice. I'd only get to see them like once a year or so. My neice is going to be a year old in about two weeks so it's important to be there to grow close to her but right now my sister lives 20 minutes away from me and I only see my neice when my parents come to visit me and they are almost 2 hours away. It also bothers me that my parents will go see my sister but not come see me. They haven't visited me in about 6 months or so, I've had to go home to see them.

The reason for the move is that's where my boyfriend's family is at and he misses them. His brother is going through a nasty divorce right now and he feels the need to be there for his neice too, she's struggling with it all.

One last thing is... Since I'll be moving out of state for him (for me too in some aspects but it still saddens me in a way) I want him to propose. We have been together nearly 2.5 years and I know I love him but he "doesn't feel ready". He's felt ready two other times but we got into an argument and he changed his mind. We've been doing so much better and I trust him more and we've stopped arguing. I feel ready and I want to feel affirmation that he loves me too and I'm not going to get screwed in the move or in our relationship (if that makes sense). I want to be with him and I feel like this is a HUGE move on my part.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I just wanted to put everything involving this out there. Any and all help is appreciated. I just really need help on the schooling and other issues.