(#1 (permalink)) Old
weaved1 Offline
fruit loop
Average Joe

Name: --

Points: 6,606, Level: 11 Points: 6,606, Level: 11 Points: 6,606, Level: 11

Nicotine addiction gone too far. - March 8th 2014, 08:17 PM

Hi guys,

I just came to realize that going beyond the 1 year mark of smoking that in retrospect, I look back at how much damage I've done, money I've spent, trust I've betrayed and respect I've lost and can't help it but to look forward to quitting soon. Or at least cutting down.

Why I decided to smoke?
One of my best friends and I last year purchased 2 packets of Marlboro Reds and promised each other we'd simply only have 1 ever 3 months or so. Well that packet disappeared in a week and then I bought another, another, another and another. And then it got me. I was struggling with sport and for a 15-16 year old you can classify us Heavy Smokers.

The expense:
How does $16-25 AUD for a packet of 20s or 25s sound to you? Do the math, a packet a day you're spending more than $100 a week. Several grand a year. I've lost over a grand due to smoking.

How much did I smoke:
First started with 1 or 2 a day, then it grew to nearly a packet a day.

Where I am now:
Smoking shags (or pouches) which cost either $17 or $27 (for Winfield) and considerably are healthier and generally last longer. (1-2 weeks?).

But, now, it's time to wrap it up.
So I'm wondering; what good techniques are there to go cold turkey on this? I heard sauna 3 days straight will help but I never made the effort to throw out lighters, my pouch, rolling paper and filters out, just yet. Anyone got anything to say? I don't want the withdrawal symptoms to distract my performance at school and sport. They don't sound pretty.