View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Khady5553 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,799, Level: 11 Points: 5,799, Level: 11 Points: 5,799, Level: 11

Whose being difficult: My parents or me? - March 8th 2014, 10:17 PM

Ok, so right now im 13. And I love my parents to death. But since my whole family is Muslim, my family has been learning Arabic their whole lives. And since my 2 brothers and my 1 sister are all grown up, I'm the only kid left in the house. So now it's my turn to start learning. And I already know how to read Arabic, but idk what it is. And so my private Arabian tutor (I come from an upper class family) gives me verses to memorize and I do, but it's usually hard for me to learn one of the hardest languages in the world all by myself. And my family is from Senegal, West Africa, and I love that place, but my dad said that if I don't finish the whole Quran book, I won't go this year. And I miss Senegal so much because last summer I couldn't go because my aunt and her family were vacationing in Germany, so they wanted me to go along. But my favorite cousin (don't tell anyone) and my other aunt from France went to Senegal without me, and I haven't seen my fave cousin in more than 5 years. So we didn't get to see each other that summer, and we've been hoping to this summer, if my parents can stop being difficult. But please help me and tell me, what you think I should do.