View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount84

Edit avatar

Re: Nicotine addiction gone too far. - March 9th 2014, 06:42 PM

Roll ups aren't considerably healthier. They still have a lot, if not more, added chemicals as normal cigs. Any form of smoking is going to be considerably bad, because a lot of unhealthy stuff comes from the combustion. They are much more affordable though. If you want to do something that is like smoking, but actually significantly less harmful, you are better off with electronic-cigarettes, because there are less chemicals and no combustion.

At your age, smoking is believed to be more harmful, as your body is still developing, so quitting smoking, is the ideal route. There are nicotine products available, or you can go cold turkey if you want to quit nicotine... but the smoking is significantly worse than anything nicotine will do to you, so don't feel you have to go cold turkey. If you decide to quit smoking, no matter what you choose to do, the first few days, and even weeks will be hard (yes, even if you continue using nicotine in another form, as nicotine is not the only addictive part of smoking).

Also, as you stop smoking, you won't just get cravings, but your body will go through some changes which may be unpleasant (increased coughing, nasal drip, etc), whilst it recovers. If you've only been smoking a year, your physical symptoms probably won't be too bad though. Withdrawal itself is strongest in the first week if you get it (when I smoked, I sometimes went days at a time without smoking without getting withdrawal, so I think it depends on the person), but there will be urges long after that (people often relapse in the future), so be aware of that.

Plenty of people have quit smoking. But its really down to you.