Thread: Non-PG13 (Strong Language): My girlfriend is scared of commitment.
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Awakening Offline
L’amore vince sempre
Average Joe

Points: 6,887, Level: 12 Points: 6,887, Level: 12 Points: 6,887, Level: 12

Re: My girlfriend is scared of commitment. - March 20th 2014, 08:02 PM

Hey,

I think it's great that you've found a girlfriend you're really interested in and who treats you well. The way the two of you feel about each other is the most important factor in whether or not things will end up working out. If you really feel strongly for her then working through the problems that you're having together and helping her to trust you, no matter how long it takes, will be totally worth it to keep your relationship.

I think the best thing you can do is just give it time. When you have a hard time trusting people it doesn't necessarily mean that the person has to do a bunch of extra work in order to earn your trust. It just means that you take a little more time to truly trust someone than other people might. The longer you two are together the more she'll start to trust you.

I also think that the more she trusts you the more comfortable she'll feel when it comes to sex, and that's just something you need to give time as well. It might take her a while to get to the point where she feels completely comfortable trying it again, but as I said before it will be worth the wait if she's someone you're truly interested in. I think you should try your best not to pressure her or make her feel like you're unhappy with your relationship because the two of you aren't having sex. If she knows that you're willing to wait until she's ready again I think that that will help her to trust you even more.

I don't think that any of this means your relationship isn't going to work out. It might take a little more time and effort to make things the way you want them to be between the two of you but it's totally possible to earn her trust and have a relationship you're really happy with. You just have to be willing to give it time.