View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
SnowedIn Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,057, Level: 11 Points: 6,057, Level: 11 Points: 6,057, Level: 11

Not wanting to go to college - April 6th 2014, 06:32 PM

As the title suggests, I really don't want to go to college. Not because I'm lazy or anything, I'm a well performing student in the top percentile of my school, but I'm not interested in a further education or the "college experience". First off, I have no idea what I want to study, I've gone to several college open days and spent 2 days shadowing a student in their classes, along with this I've received several detailed talks about every course in the colleges I've visited, and absolutely none appeal to me. I'd be happy with a labour intensive job, but they pay so poorly.

I have three friends who are currently in college, two are in their first year and the one is in his second year. All three have basically summed up their time in college to: Sex, lots of drinking and the occasional days of studying. I'm not interested in any of that, at all, they tell me about all the parties they have in their dorms and really it just turns me off completely.

What can I do with my life, because I don't want to end up barely able to make ends meet.

"They dreamed of nothing and got nothing in return".