Thread: Triggering (SH): Self harm everywhere!
View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Its.Just.Angie Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Angie

Points: 10,038, Level: 14 Points: 10,038, Level: 14 Points: 10,038, Level: 14

Re: Self harm everywhere! - April 13th 2014, 02:46 AM

hey there,
First off I want to say you can't drop it out and stop cutting just like that. You need to find some other coping skill that isn't harming yourself in any way. Finding one is kind of trail and error until you find one that works for you. Some like snapping a hair tie on their wrist when the urge comes. For me it doesn't work. I use play dough to help ease the urge a little (childish I know ) sometimes it doesn't work either. You just have to find a couple that work well for you and it makes stopping a little easier

Then next you have to know when you are triggered and identify your common triggers and to avoid them best as possible. Cause that's when you can switch to a coping skill instead of acting on the urge. Because it would be really hard to stop the moment your gonna act on it.

I personally like the blood from my cuts. I'm not that bothered by that stuff outside of cutting. I think you like it better because you are intentionally making yourself bleed and thats why you like it. I find it calming to see as weird as it sounds

I hope you are doing good feel free to PM/VM me