View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I've been here a while

Name: Cheye

Points: 28,990, Level: 24 Points: 28,990, Level: 24 Points: 28,990, Level: 24

Finding time for school - April 20th 2014, 04:42 AM

A lot has been going on these last two months, and even before that things were difficult. I actually used to be on staff here but had to resign. In any case, I failed all of my classes last semester and am in danger of failing them all again this semester because I can't find time to do my work. I go to an online-ish school, it's a charter school. All of the coursework is online, but there is a building in town so we can go to school, and you must go once a week or contact your teachers via phone or e-mail at the very least once a week. But right now I'm dealing with my aunt having been in and out of the hospital, she's only now starting to improve but there's still a long way to go. She has multiple tubes coming out of her, one of which being a feeding tube because on her own she can't keep any food down, and will most likely have to take part in an experimental surgery to have a pacemaker for her digestive system because part of it is paralyzed. On top of taking care of her and her multiple things at home when she's out, she has a history of depression and we really do need to visit her pretty much everyday. To add even more to this all, we now have to move, and are being given next month free so long as we are out by then, if not we're going to have to pay $300 more a month for rent and get rid of our animals seeing as the new owner is upping rent and enforcing a no pets rule which we can't do either. I also just got a job to try to help with all of these things, and although it was supposed to be part-time, the hours have been full time. My laptop has also died, so I need a new one, until then I don't have as much access to school as I need and we do not have the gas money nor time to go to the building that often.

In short: My aunt has been in and out of the hospital for the last two months, my schooling is online, my computer is dead, I have no money for gas to get to the building or a new laptop, we are being forced to move by the end of May and still haven't found a place, and I have a new job that while helping with monetary situations, also takes away from time. And I would also like to be able to feel like somewhat of a normal teenager and not have to give up every minute of my life and have no social life whatsoever. Suggestions?

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)