View Single Post
  (#412 (permalink)) Old
sunflower Offline
bathing in lavender sunshine
Average Joe

Name: Donné

Points: 7,492, Level: 12 Points: 7,492, Level: 12 Points: 7,492, Level: 12

Re: Your Religious and/or Spiritual Beliefs - May 2nd 2014, 05:36 PM

I'm Roman Catholic. But I guess you could say that I'm not traditional. I consider myself to be a spiritual person and I cherish my beliefs with God. However, I do not stand by everything that "The Catholic Church" does and I am a science fanatic. I love learn about how organisms and systems (organ to cosmic) work. I believe that while things are random to us such as the creation of our solar system, God did it. God rolls the ball, but balls don't always stay on course. They teeter. I was raised in the Catholic Church, looking back I was agnostic and it wasn't until I was about 13/14 that I was "called". To me, there shouldn't be strict, rigidity when it comes to religion. And for Christians, Jesus is the personal Savior, so how can it personal unless each person makes it there own. Oh, I also think the idea of a Pope is sort of dumb, that there are corrupted finances, abortion is any child-bearing persons choice and neither the church nor the state should have their heads up my twat and in my uterus. I don't hate anyone or avoid them just for what they believe or don't believe. You never know what goes on inside a person and some of the most morally outstanding people are atheists. Religion can influence your moral code but religion is NEVER synonymous with morality. And so long as you are respectful to me about mine, I will be about yours... For instance don't call my God a fictional character or tell me that Jesus was this or that and the bible is really blah blah blah. That's really rude and actually quite hurtful. And Islamic, Jewish, and Christian people are all praying to the same God. So y'all need to stop being stupid like for real. Tolerance is an important concept.