(#56 (permalink)) Old
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17

Re: My Rant About Science vs. Religion - April 12th 2009, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyEvee View Post
Nightmare:
I want to make it clear that I'm not attacking you. I'm sorry if my posts come across that way. They're honestly not meant to be. I say this because your posts seem a bit aggressive to me. If that's not the case...well, I'm glad.
I mentioned indoctrination of youth because that's the point I thought XUJHAN, not you, was making. I thought you had misinterpreted his point and was trying to clarify, since he hadn't been on to do so himself. Now you've heard a clarification of his point from him, and can judge if mine was a good interpretation.
And I don't presume to know what you were thinking exactly. I had gotten the general sense from posts you have made in other threads that you're not in favour. But I wasn't talking about you specifically in my comment, either. It wasn't so much a personal comment as a general statement about the atmosphere of the discussion.
Let's make it incredibly simple: debate the debate, not the debater. If I state my argument in such a way that offends you or you feel is too aggressive, then you can PM me and I'll consider it. I debate as objectively as possible and no, I will not butter up something if it sounds a tad bit too aggressive. I don't intend to make it offensive nor aggressive but I refuse to change how I write my posts simply if someone cannot deal with it. This is getting to be irrelevant to the debate of this thread, so if you want to discuss this further, PM me.

We debate what is in this specific thread, ignore what is in other threads unless the content of those have some relevancy. If they don't, then ignore them, they're irrelevant to this discussion.