View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lynnski1 Offline
Mrs. A.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lynn

Points: 5,862, Level: 11 Points: 5,862, Level: 11 Points: 5,862, Level: 11

Re: No Friends. My Depression is coming back. Please, ANY Advice? - May 5th 2014, 02:46 PM

Hey Lex,

You are definitely not alone! I completely understand how you are feeling as when I was your age I always felt like I just didn't fit in. Everyone was in some kind of group or click and I would look at them and think to myself "I don't belong in that group either." I had a really hard time in high school as I only had one or two friends.

I always longed to have a BFF like you mentioned, someone to just hang out with or someone I could talk to. I understand you are feeling lonely. You mentioned that you feel as though your depression is coming back so the very first bit of advice I would like to give to you is to either go pay a visit to the doctor! If you are on any type of medications, now might be a good time for him or her to check the dosage. If you are not currently seeing a therapist, it might be a good idea to see your family physician and talk about seeing a therapist. Depression is a horrible feeling and I want you to know that there is help for it! You are definitely not alone.

When it comes to making friends, that can be hard. But you must know that doing nothing about it is not going to help. You need to take a deep breath and "get out there!" You may want to start by actually looking for a job that has few hours so that you may earn alittle extra cash, still have time for school, and also get to meet people! You may also go to your local YMCA and see if they need volunteers. Another idea is to volunteer helping others whether it be through a church or local community center. You will find that by helping others, you actually help yourself. The feeling you get making other people happy tends to pick up your spirits.

I know you can do this! Keep in touch.

Mrs. A.

Last edited by Lynnski1; May 5th 2014 at 02:47 PM. Reason: salutation change