View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Points: 21,690, Level: 21 Points: 21,690, Level: 21 Points: 21,690, Level: 21

Re: Few questions about religion. - May 14th 2014, 08:05 PM

Your first question is pretty ambiguous, but I've personally never seen satisfactory evidence for what I consider a god to exist. Some people consider religious texts to be evidence, but since they're stories written by humans, I don't find them convincing.

Your second question is a little more stereotypical, so I'd discourage that. If you're being driven away from religion by that, I'd suggest thinking a little more carefully about your actual beliefs (which may well be atheistic), not just people who irritate you. Religious people are normally perfectly lovely, normal people - everyone has some annoying traits.
As far as "God should..." goes, this might well be a reason for you to abandon Christianity, since that's not really what the Bible (upon which Christianity is primarily based) says. You can have your own "personal" god if you like, although I don't see that as necessary. As far as I can see, you may as well live morally simply because it's nice to, and helpful for everyone - why should you need an incentive, ie. avoiding the disappointment of a god?

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."