Thread: anxiety help
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
romyx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,661, Level: 11 Points: 5,661, Level: 11 Points: 5,661, Level: 11

anxiety help - May 20th 2014, 07:41 PM

Hey guys, so I'm new to this website and was just wondering if anyone can offer me any advice or if anyone's experienced something similar?

Basically back in January one of my really close friends had a seizure in a lesson at school which I was in, it absolutely terrified me and ever since I've been terrified that it's going to me even though I have been completely healthy my whole life, unlike her who has a history of having seizures ect... I started worrying about it and now I think what I'm getting are symptoms of anxiety, i get strange sensations in my face, my muscles constantly twitch and feel like they're bubbling under my skin, I feel light headed most of the time and just ill. It's only when I'm completely concentrating on something else that it kind of goes away. I've been to see about 5 different doctors about my physical symptoms who have all said it's anxiety and I need to try and not dwell on them as it's not anything serious. It's really effecting me and I find it hard to go anywhere alone, even getting to school is hard for me, I'm in the middle of my GCSE exams which I'm finding it hard to revise for as my mind just keeps wandering and thinking about what's happening to my body, I'm worried I'm not going to get my grades.

Sorry this is kinda deep haha but I was just wondering if anyone's got any advice on how to try and control my anxiety or if any of you have experienced anything similar? Thanksss xx

Last edited by romyx; May 20th 2014 at 07:44 PM. Reason: mistake