View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: i got fired again :( - August 4th 2014, 06:02 PM

I just want to point out a lot of places don't let you clock in 10 minutes or even 5 minutes early because they don't want to pay you more than they have to. At my catering job we have to wait by the Kronos (time clock) until right when it turns to whatever time we start and then we clock in. It's really strict because otherwise they have to go through all the punch ins and fix it if we were there even a few minutes longer than our shift just because the company doesn't want to pay more than what we were scheduled to do.
Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that things didn't go well at your fast food job. Honestly though, if your managers were treating you that way then I would have recommended you quit as well. You shouldn't be treated that way right off the bat when you are new, and you shouldn't be miserable at work. Sure, money is important but if you're in a hostile working environment then it really is best to look for something else.
Have you heard back from the gas station? Hopefully the people who were there will be nicer.
In the past when I've had rude bosses I always tell myself "well if I had been working here for X amount of years I'd be grumpy too!" I know it probably hurts to be fired twice, but don't beat yourself up about it. Try and laugh it off and just be happy you don't have to work with those people again.
Not everyone is suited for some types of jobs, so hopefully you'll find something that works for you soon.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor