View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Points: 26,125, Level: 23 Points: 26,125, Level: 23 Points: 26,125, Level: 23

Re: Back to School Goals - August 11th 2014, 02:25 AM

Sounds awesome! Goal-setting truly is huge to making moves in life. I recently finished my first post-graduate degree, so this is the first time in... around 18 years I haven't been a student myself (though I enjoy the idea that I am always learning), HOWEVER, I do teach middle school dance full-time. So, not only do I have several very rigorous goals for my kids, but they will also be setting some goals themselves within the first week of school. A few preliminary thoughts:

1. How wonderful that you're taking up swimming! I swam competitively throughout elementary, middle, and high school and absolutely loved it. The team building aspect is great, and I dare say it is one of the best exercise routines I have ever been in.
2. As far as your friend discouraging you from reaching your goals, now is the time to surround yourself with positive people who are going to encourage you to be the best version of yourself. Without that, how strong of a friendship is there!
3. Academic goals sound great. Aim high. Get to know your professor in math. Etc. Etc. Etc.
4. I love all of the social / fun goals you have for yourself with the clubs and whatnot. Always very important to lead a balanced lifestyle.

Keep us posted on how these go!