Thread: Triggering (SH): Alternatives to Self Harm/ My story
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
5sosisslowlysavingme Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brenna

Points: 5,634, Level: 11 Points: 5,634, Level: 11 Points: 5,634, Level: 11

Alternatives to Self Harm/ My story - August 18th 2014, 07:47 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hey! I've been struggling for a while (about 4 months) with depression.
Mostly because I don't feel like I'm not doing anything good or noticeable, like what's the point in living if no one remembers who you are after your gone. I just wish I could make a difference in the world, but I've not been able to so I started self harm. The first time I cut I swore I would never do it again but about two days later I cut again. It became a every other week kind of thing. I hated my self for it, which only made me feel worse and want to cut more. About 2 weeks ago I through out all my cutting supplies. But a few days ago I went into the kitchen and cut myself with a knife. I guess what I'm asking is if there is any other way for me to resist cutting? The Butterfly Project didn't work because I just cut around it. Please help, I hate being depressed and feeling worthless.