View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
ElectricWizard Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 5,993, Level: 11 Points: 5,993, Level: 11 Points: 5,993, Level: 11

Thumbs up Re: My girlfriend self harms - August 25th 2014, 03:53 PM

Well today, she just returned from Wales. She loves that country! She considers it her home due to, lets say the better part of her family living there. I believe she went on 3 days without cutting whilst there, because when she's there, there isn't a thing she has to worry about.

Just 2 hours ago, a status in Facebook marking her return, one particular sentence reassured me 'I can't wait until next year when I come back'
It struck me, maybe she's one step closer to recovery.

Sometimes I want to give her space, I can't just bombard her all the time, but I feel guilty afterwards. I also want to freely state I have recovered from self harm myself. For a short time during exam season, I used scissors, a hair pin I was given, sharpener razor, the edge of a USB stick and a paper clip. I want to reassure you all, it does get better. My girlfriend helped me through it.

All I know is, is that she has a connection to that country. Maybe if we get far enough we could move there...

I want to say thank you for the truly helpful and supportive responses. Thank you.