View Single Post
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
weaved1 Offline
fruit loop
Average Joe

Name: --

Points: 6,606, Level: 11 Points: 6,606, Level: 11 Points: 6,606, Level: 11

Re: I think depression is stupid. - August 31st 2014, 11:52 AM

According to your logic OP (which is heavily flawed by some attempt at superficial guilt-tripping?), this means because someone has it better than us and are happier, we can't be happy too, we don't have the right to.. same way with depression; just because someone has it harder, doesn't make your situation any different.

I mean, I agree with you on some level, there are just depressed people out there who just don't want to help themselves...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahray View Post
Few things here. Depression is an illness. What you're doing is like saying to someone with cancer "Oh, but you live in a first world country, you should be happy".
To some degree, yes they should be happy that they are in a nation with a wide array of cancer treatments.. I mean, my mom's sister passed away, and she lived in a third world country. It was the lung cancer that obliterated her daily life and she couldn't afford treatment half the time. When my dad sent money over, which were in the 4-figures.. it was too late. So f*ck me sideways and ship me to Africa but if I get caught with cancer early, and already have my chemotherapy, surgeries and other things scheduled.. boy I would be one happy f*cker. Positivity can sometimes slow the rate of decay in your body.

@Idyllic
Quote:
The reason why you don't understand depression because you have not been through it yourself. Sure, you can educate yourself or try to understand but unless you go through it you won't ever understand it. As others have stated, all of the money in the world can't buy happiness.
Are you saying psychiatrists who aren't depressed/never been before are entirely incompetent to asses the illness and its prognosis? throw the "takes one to know one" away.

edit;; @op, no need to apologize. I can see where you're coming from. Depressed people can get extremely annoying at times. It's practically a cluster of negative vibes ensnaring you until you're on the edge when you feel down, but never be angry at the depressed, help the depressed. I didn't take anything personal within this thread, unlike some others but I'm more than happy to discuss this with you in PM. take care

Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1132077 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!