View Single Post
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Laurasaurus Offline
Learning to Fly
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Laura

Points: 12,022, Level: 15 Points: 12,022, Level: 15 Points: 12,022, Level: 15

Re: I think depression is stupid. - August 31st 2014, 04:06 PM

Hello all! While I'm aware that this is a very sensitive subject and you all have a right to your own opinion, please remember to always speak courteously and politely to other users. This forum is meant to be a safe place for users to express their feelings about depression and suicide and anything related, and it needs to stay a safe place. I'm not saying that anybody has been hostile or impolite as of right now, but please keep it that way.

As far as your opinions on depression, I'd say that you might want to try empathizing with people suffering with mental illnesses a bit more. They are a hell all their own, and people suffering from them need support and understanding more than annoyance and disapproval (that most likely stems from lack of information on the subject).

1/7/12 - Live Help Operator | 1/25/14 - HelpLINK Mentor | 6/8/14 - Depression and Suicide Forum Moderator | 6/8/14 - Addictive Behaviors Forum Moderator | 1/11/14 - Videos Team Member | 4/11/15 - Senior Live Help Operator

“I will be generous with my love today. I will sprinkle compliments and uplifting words everywhere I go. I will do this knowing that my words are like seeds and when they fall on fertile soil, a reflection of those seeds will grow into something greater.”

PM / VM

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1132077 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!