(#5 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: I go to a Christian school... - September 1st 2014, 01:21 AM

I am sorry to hear that your dad passed away. When someone close dies, I know the grieving process can be difficult (without the added pressure of people such as this girl).
According to the Bible, God loves everyone and does not kill people who are close to people he dislikes.
First, God does not "dislike" anyone.
Second, God knows that people are not perfect and he gives everyone free will to choose to follow him or to choose their own path (whether that is of following another religion or not following any religion).
Ideally, God would like everyone to followHim but He knows that with how the world is, this will not happen and
In the Bible there are passages that talk about the consequences of those that do not believe in God and accept Jesus as their savior. Nowhere do they say that God dislikes people. The Bible clearly lays out the eternal place people will end up if they believe in Him or if they do not.
It is a choice to follow God and I'm not sure how seriously you believe this girl was but try to reassure yourself that no matter what choice you make, God is not killing your relatives because of your searching for your own place.
The acceptance of God cannot be forced on anyone (neither can the lack of acceptance) unless the person is in capable of intelligently choosing for themselves are grow up in an environment where only one mindset is shown to them (but even then, as adults, people can form their own views).
In short, this girl has a very skewed theology, that or she was just trying to hurt you (in which case, I recommend you talk to a teacher if something like this occurs again). You do not deserve her harassment if this continues.
You need the guidance of adults that will wisely guide you into forming your own conclusions and that give you accurate information.
Take care and I hope this helps.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."