(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Points: 19,789, Level: 20 Points: 19,789, Level: 20 Points: 19,789, Level: 20

Re: High School Senior - September 4th 2014, 10:59 PM

Hey Charlie,

The fall semester of senior year can be hectic. I remember I felt the same way with college apps and all that other stuff. What I would recommend doing is proritizing everything as well as getting everything deadline put into a big calendar, all in one place. What I found most helpful was setting reminders on my phone as for deadlines, submissions, and when to do things as well as keeping up with school classes.

Its good that you are already talking to your guidance counselor about this. As for applying to colleges, it would be a good idea to research some schools. Do you know what you want to major in? Once you have that decided, try looking up schools who have a good program for it. For example, I am an engineering major and I did research on schools with a strong engineering program and looked up the criteria for admission into those schools. Once you have your list of schools made, make a list of everything each one requires such as test scores, application essays, as well as other things such as writing supplements.

Again, prioritize and staying organized in the major key in getting through this. As for getting into college, I'm sure you will get in somewhere. Just keep researching and you will find something out there for you. If you are unsure on something, talking to your guidance counselor is probably your best bet.

I hope this helps and wish you all the very best!

[left]

"Imperfection is beauty;
madness is genius;
and its better to be absolutely ridiculous
than absolutely boring."

-Marilyn Monroe