View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Its.Just.Angie Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Angie

Points: 10,038, Level: 14 Points: 10,038, Level: 14 Points: 10,038, Level: 14

Re: Anxiety over beds - September 10th 2014, 01:00 AM

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear what you went through! You didn't deserve it! I bet you are an amazing person

I don't have PTSD so I don't know if I can help that much.. But I'll give it a shot. But I do know what anxiety is like so I'll try and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I personally hate when people talk behind me.. I get so distracted about it... So what I do is put an ear bud in and listen to my music when I walk around and focus on that more than the people behind me. If you can't do that you.. This gonna sound really dumb (but I do this) is you can count by 3s or counting backwards to get your mind into that.. Also another thing that sounds dumb is to focus on what is ahead of you (a tree,building, car,etc.) And discrib it in you head like the tree has green leaves, it also has 5 branches, etc. These sound really dumb so sorry about that.

For sleeping.. You have to think that it is in the past and the past is in the past and that you are safe now and not everyone is like that girl. I really understand that is really hard to do.. But its true.. Be around people who you truly trust (parents, best friends, other family members) until you feel more comfortable with them. Try to change your mindset like not everyone who is gonna touch is gonna hurt you, that girl can't hurt me no more. It might not come right away but if you practice it will be easier.. And I know things like don't change instantly.

Do you have a support system (your family or friends) if you are struggling more you can turn to them for support. And you can maybe see a counselor to help you too. To like cope and stuff

Hope it gets better! I might not help, if that's true than sorry, but I hope I helped alittle! If you ever need anything feel free to PM/VM me anytime