View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Juliaf Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,426, Level: 10 Points: 5,426, Level: 10 Points: 5,426, Level: 10

Parents won't let me go to my dream college because of my boyfriend - September 22nd 2014, 11:34 PM

My boyfriend and I have been dating since the end of my sophomore year (his junior year) in high school. He is now a freshman in college and goes to the college that I have dreamed about going to since I was a little kid. Not only did my mom go there but the school is a great fit for me since they have the subject that I want to study (Many other schools don't offer the course). Now because of him my parents will not let me go there and it is causing a lot of problems. This is one of the few schools that has this program and the other schools don't really compare. They will not budge on this because they believe that if we go to college together I won't branch out and make new friends. This isn't true and I wouldn't spend all of my time with him. I just love the school and know that I could study everything that I want there/ enjoy myself. Even if I don't stay with my boyfriend the school is big so I could go on with my life. Obviously I would be upset but it wouldn't ruin my experience. I understand that my parents may think that they are helping me but they're keeping me from going to my dream school. I would really appreciate your advice on this and if you have examples of hs couples who went to the same college or went to the same college a year apart. Thank you. Sincerely Julia