View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Parents won't let me go to my dream college because of my boyfriend - September 23rd 2014, 04:47 AM

Hey there,

I don't know if I can be of much help on this but I thought I would try. If your parents are the ones who are going to be paying for your schooling you might have to do what they want you to do and go to a school of their choosing. However, maybe you could try making a list of reasons why you want to go to this particular college. Maybe write a letter that is detailed so they will see that you have thought out all the pros and cons of going to the same college as your boyfriend and then you could either read it to them or put it in a place where they are likely to see it. It's possible that if you make a convincing enough argument you will be able to get them to change their minds.

Have you sat down with them and listened to their concerns about you and your boyfriend and tried voicing why you don't feel as though that is a concern? It might help if you did that.

In the end you might have to consider looking into the other colleges that offer your program and commit to one of them. I know it sucks but if they won't budge and they are your only source of financial backing then you might not have any choice. You could always try looking into other ways of paying for college instead of using your parents (if that is how you are going to be paying for it) but that might prove difficult.

I hope this helped in some way and I am wishing you the best of luck.