View Single Post
  (#42 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: My girlfriend self harms - October 2nd 2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocad91 View Post
Yes, thank you. I'm just really worried about the reaction. Will they attribute her self harming to mine? I don't know...it just scared me, after they have have built this angelic image of her, and she is my angel and it all come crashing now on them

Emma's parents do know about her self harming, her dad wants to get her as much help as he can, her dad is an amazing father, whilst her mom is one of the factors for it...

I was on her phone today, looking though her pictures which she let's me do. I saw one of fresh cuts. All in a row, the dots of blood on the cuts as well as the crimson lines...it's heartbreaking, and there was a couple of those pictures. I am aware that friends of hers ask for photos to get an idea of how bad the cuts are. And I have seen bad ones, of course it's bad in general, but the worser ones...my god

We've had a good few run of days I believe I had my first kiss with her today and I've never felt anymore in love :')

I'm in love!

It's a possibility, but you can always calmly explain to them that your girlfriend's struggles don't influence yours. You could give reasons as to why you self-harm and why your girlfriend does if that helps them at all.

If her father is supportive of her, I suggest encouraging her to confide in him; especially because he is an adult in the situation and he can get her to see a professional. It's important for her to know what her triggers are and if her mom is one of those, she can work through or avoid the things her mom does to upset her. See if you can encourage her to keep a blog or journal so she can healthily cope with her feelings. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but you can refer her to TeenHelp as well!

I'm glad you've had a good few days.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers