View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
sordie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,383, Level: 10 Points: 5,383, Level: 10 Points: 5,383, Level: 10

Unhappy Broke up with GF w/ depression, she can't get over it, and other stuff. - October 3rd 2014, 10:31 PM

Hi,
About two weeks ago I broke up with my ex-girlfriend of eleven months. She was sweet and nice and caring but she didn't want to help herself and I made the hard decision to end it. She's a good person but she doesn't want to help herself emotionally or physically. I try to help her with it but it just gets exhausting. I also broke up with her because I felt since this relationship is my first it shouldnt be filled with such emotion and depression. Relationships should be fun and worry and stress-free. Lately she hasn't been able to get over it no matter how many times I keep saying she's a good person she doesn't see it, and how I just want to be friends, she doesnt want it. It's so exhausting. I want her in my life but I feel like she's overreacting about this. I know it has been eleven months but I saved a lot of heart break by ending it earlier on than later, because, I knew this relationship had to end. She is constantly texting me saying "The last eleven months mean nothing and have never meant anything" "You never loved me" "I'm going to burn everything you gave me". I just start to dread whenever she texts me. I really think theres a nice and great person deep down in there but I just don't know what to do.

I have been talking to a friend of mine and getting to know her a lot more, but there's a problem; my ex hates her. So much. I CANNOT let her figure out I'm just so much as chatting with her on facebook. I hung out with this person yesterday and I brought my ex up- I told her to be honest, and she said she hates her. I respected her own opinion, but at that moment, I decided I don't know what to do. I definetelly do NOT want to date this girl, because A) It would totally screw everything up with my ex and her, and B) i'm just not ready for a relationship again.

Please, I'm sorry for dragging this on, but I need advice. Every moment I'm thinking of this problem and its becoming more and more exhausting. Thanks for reading this far, I really appreciate it.

-Ben