View Single Post
  (#48 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: My girlfriend self harms - October 4th 2014, 01:21 PM

I understand what you mean. Actually, in my opinion is it better to not take tools away because if someone is set on harming themselves, they will find something to use and it could potentially be more harmful or unsanitary than their current tools. However, moving them to different places such as a highly traveled place is a good idea because then your girlfriend will have to walk by a lot of distractions first.

That sounds like a good alternative! Don't be disappointed if it doesn't work at first as different alternatives work for different people. Maybe you can have a discussion with her to see what alternatives she would like best such as doing something physical (exercising) doing something with the same sensation (painting her nails red, holding ice), or any other kind of alternative she may be interested in.

It's normal to feel an abundance of emotions but you're doing a great job with being supportive.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers