(#11 (permalink)) Old
Adalia Rose Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Adalia Rose

Points: 7,625, Level: 12 Points: 7,625, Level: 12 Points: 7,625, Level: 12

Re: Depression Meds - October 13th 2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by house-of-usher View Post
Would I be old enough to get this medication for myself or to even just go to the hospital alone to get tested for medication, or do I have to have once of my parents present when I go into wherever to take care of this. I, in many ways, do not want my parents to be in the room when I am being tested for the medication, or even just the doctors asking me questions. I always sugar coat everything that I say about what is going on with me when they are around. I don't want to worry them, but I know it is not a good thing to lie about these things when a doctor is evaluating me for meds.
You will probably need a parent for parental consent, but when screening you, you should be alone in the room with the psychiatrist. Psychiatrists usually have three parts of the evaluation when someone is underage. One with just the patient, one with just the parent (if the child is underage), and one with both the patient and the parent. They do this to kind of soften the communication between the underage patient and the parent. All they tend to tell the parent is a brief overview of what they think treatment should be.

Just remember not to be afraid to be honest or else getting help won't be effective!

- Adalia

"Ghosts don't scare me. Flesh and blood people do." ~ Ellen Hopkins