Thread: Triggering (Substances): Just found out girlfriend smoked pot- please help
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
ravenesta Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,375, Level: 10 Points: 5,375, Level: 10 Points: 5,375, Level: 10

Unhappy Just found out girlfriend smoked pot- please help - October 14th 2014, 04:27 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

my girlfriend has had a pretty turbulent home life- deeply religious, possibly verbally abusive father and she resents her mother
ive heard about her getting drunk before and shes made jokes about smoking pot, but my friends just texted me and said that she was calling them while high
shes come down now i think but shes being really closed off with both me and our friends, she wont open up and she keeps insisting that shes fine and that she can handle her own problems

i havent been dating her for long but ive been her friend for years, and i really, really want to help her but i have no idea how
drinking clearly isnt a common thing for her and drugs even less so and im fairly confident shes not an addict, yet at least

how do i help her?